Optidev AB, a Swedish innovator in ”rugged mobility solutions” that enable traceability, real-time accessibility, and data capture, has acquired the Norwegian companyBlinken eFront AS.
In recent years, Optidev has increased its focus on mobility, providing great value-add and customized solutions based on its unique TrueMobile platform.
With a proven track record in the transport, logistics, and passenger traffic sectors, Optidev was looking to expand its investment in the Norwegian market. The acquisition of Blinken eFront is an important step to realize this goal.
Blinken eFront was founded in 2003 and has provided thousands of robust IT solutions to Norwegian and Nordic customers.
Blinken eFront has a broad market focus with customers in sectors such as offshore and energy, logistics, defense, ambulance services, and other first responders with several large accounts where synergies with Optidev will be significant.
– Blinken eFront’s market share and focus on ambulance services in the Nordic market was particularly interesting, says Fredrik Logenius, CEO of Optidev. Optidev’s solutions deliver real-time data capture and traceability, systems integration, and increased data security; features that are all critical for health care providers.
Among Optidev’s customers are logistics giants such as Postnord, Schenker, and DHL. Blinken eFront’s customers include the Kongsberg Group, Bring, Flir, and SAAB as well as many users in the healthcare sector.
The market for rugged mobility solutions is growing rapidly. Optidev, headquartered in Borås, Sweden, has grown from 35 to over 60 employees in the past three years and the company’s result for 2016 is strong.
– With sales of SEK 113 million and a profit of almost 12 million, Optidev is steadily rising. Our profitability has not suffered from the rapid growth, says Fredrik Logenius, CEO and partner at Optidev.
When you order products online and pick them up at an agent’s location, Optidev has often been part of the logistics. The carrier’s mobile computer and the software inside are most likely from Optidev. Every day, Optidev processes approximately four million transactions.
The secret to success is partly Optidev’s TrueMobile technology platform, but equally important is the focus on finding the right employees.
– Attracting people with cutting-edge knowledge has been crucial to our success and that is why we reinvest a large part of the profit in corporate culture and work environment, explains Logenius.
He also believes that the courage to change has taken them to the leading position in the Nordic countries. This courage is also crucial to the success of Optidev’s customers.
– It is important to use automation, robots and the rapid development of artificial intelligence in a smart way. Companies that don’t see the change or are afraid of it, will soon be out of the market, concludes Fredrik Logenius.
For further information, please contact:
Fredrik Logenius CEO, Optidev AB Cell: +46 733-58 42 02 Email: email@example.com
Securitas, a global leader in security with more than 80 years of doing business in Sweden, has selected a mobile computing solution from Optidev for all its security guards.
– Securitas had already chosen handheld computers from our partner Zebra and Optidev delivers safe and flexible service and support, says Christian Lundin, vice president at Optidev.
Optidev’s service agreement assures that Securitas receives a ready-to-use replacement unit within 24 hours every time a mobile computer fails. Furthermore, Securitas has a single point of contact for all service questions, which ensures a fast resolution to any question. The agreement with Securitas validates that Optidev’s focus on the security industry is paying off.
– Securitas is on the leading-edge of security and offers integrated security solutions as a core business. They, if any, know to value a supplier’s security in the delivery.
For further information, please contact: Christian Lundin Vice president, Optidev AB Cell: +46 708-95 95 84 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Logistics is about real-time production monitoring and control over all mobile devices used in the logistics chain – from pick-up to delivery. Companies need to keep track of what has been delivered, and when, and how much is left to do. Now Optidev collects all the important data in a new app.
Fredrik Logenius, CEO at Optidev, demonstrates how the new TrueMobile Control Center app works.
The user-friendly app provides real-time visibility to logistics key metrics, including how much has been loaded and by who, when it was delivered, handed over, and picked up. The app also tracks if the items were shipped on time, how much is left to do, and if there were any deviations.
TrueMobile Control Center collects data from all the mobile devices and presents the information in easy-to-read reports that contain both numbers and graphs. The reports provide valuable insight that helps speed up the planning and decision-making process.
– For example, the app keeps track of how many deliveries have been made and how many remain, making it easy to quickly allocate extra resources where needed. Perhaps more staff is needed and can be called in to keep promised delivery times. TrueMobile Control Center collects business intelligence from every single mobile device in the logistics chain.
Previously, all repair requests have been submitted via Optidev Service Web, but the new app makes it possible to also send repair requests from a phone. Just scan bar code label of the mobile device and a ready-to-use replacement unit is shipped within 24 hours.
– Up until now data has been scattered though many different systems, but the TrueMobile Control Center pulls data from many different locations and presents the information in one user-friendly app. I think Optidev is the first in the world! TrueMobile Control Center will change and streamline our customers’ ways of working, “concludes Fredrik Logenius.
The app is available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Optidev has been appointed the “Greatest-Growth-Partner 2016” by Zebra Technologies. This award validates Optidev’s strong market position in the Nordic countries. We are honored to receive this award from one of the world’s leading providers of mobility and data capture solutions.
Prizewinner Fredrik Logenius, CEO at Optidev (in the middle) surrounded by (from the left) Jason Harvey, VP of Sales Northern Europe, Fredrik Hallin, Distribution Channel Account Manager, and Mattias Lindström, Director of Regional Sales Nordics—all from Zebra.
Fredrik Logenius, CEO of Optidev, received the award for “Greatest Growth Partner EVM2016” when Zebra Technologies recently hosted its large Nordic meeting in Gothenburg.
Optidev has a long-standing relationship with Zebra and pairs its TrueMobile software solutions with Zebra’s mobile products. The jury’s statement, describes Optidev as one of the leaders in transport and logistics solutions.
–This proves that Optidev’s solutions for the transport and logistics industry are state-of-the-art. Zebra’s products are currently used by more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, so Zebra knows what they are talking about.
The motivation also states that Optidev has been one of Zebra’s closest partners for many years.
“In our industry it is of great importance to work closely with both your partners and customers. Good relationships are a necessity in order to continuously improve and develop new solutions,” concludes Logenius.
Zebra Technologies Largest growth partner EVM 2016 Motivation/Justification As a true mobility partner with their main business focus in Sweden and in Norway they have showed a great success in transferring customers towards new Zebra solutions in Mobile computing. They have been one of the core partners in the Zebra community for several years. They also hold one of the leading positions in the Transport & Logistics market. The largest growth partner in EVM 2016 is Optidev.
Optidev, the company behind, TrueMobile Solutions, is one of the leading players in the Nordic region, offering development, delivery, and implementation of durable mobile solution for real-time traceability, access, and collection of mission to critical business information. The customers operate in many different industries, including transport and logistics, warehouse, retail, travel and hospitals. Today, Optidev has approximately 60 employees and offices in Borås (headquarters), Stockholm, and Oslo.
Great Place to Work™ is taking Optidev to the next level of success by focusing on the company culture. Thriving employees are more likely to do a better job, making the company more successful.
David Landerborn, technical manager at Optidev and responsible for the Great Place to Work partnership, says that Optidev has a clear goal:
“In order to become the mobility solutions leader, Optidev needs the best team and the company culture is essential. We want to become Sweden’s best workplace.”
Last year Great Place to Work helped Optidev do a comprehensive employee survey and analysis of the corporate culture. Recently, Great Place to Work certified Optidev, and it was the first step towards becoming one of Sweden’s and Europe’s best work places.
Optidev’s CEO, Fredrik Logenius does not believe the goal is set to high.
“Optidev scored high in the Great Place to Work study and I am very proud about results. Our goal is to continue to use Great Place to Work in our continuous efforts to improve Optidev while benchmarking us against other companies. It is very important that our employees feel good about their jobs and that we give them opportunity to grow.”